Staff Council Minutes 04-18-2017

Recorder: 

Sara Cordova

Recorder's Full E-Mail Address: 
Groups audience: 
Date meeting was held: 
Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 2:30pm
Next Meeting Date: 
Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 2:30pm
Location of Next Meeting: 

Library Conference Room 302

Attendance: 

Attendance:

 

 

Members “P” denotes Present,  “A” denotes Absent,   “R” denotes Regrets

P

Millie Dempsey, Chair

P

Darryl Richardson

P

Evita Shinholster, Vice Chair

R

Cindy Purcell

P

Brenda Deal, Treasurer

R

Kristy Johnson

P

Sara Cordova, Secretary

A

Drew Bruton

R

Daniel McDonald, Chair Emeritus

P

Wanda Johnson

P

Cassie Martin

P

Laverne Renfroe

P

Michael Watson

 

 

P

Hayley Dingess

 

 

Guests: Carol Ward, Kelly Pryor, Claire Garrett, Victoria Fowler

 

 

Italicized text denotes information from a previous meeting.

 

 

 

*Denotes new discussion on old business.

 

 

Agreements: 

Agenda Topic

Discussions & Conclusions

Action or Recommendations

Follow-Up

{including dates/responsible person, status (pending, ongoing, completed)}

         I.           

I. Call to order

Meeting called to order by Millie Dempsey at 2:32 p.m.

No Quorum

 

      II.           

Approval of Agenda

 

Motion:

Second:

 

No Quorum

 

   III.           

III. Approval of Minutes

Motion:

Second:

No Quorum

 

   IV.           

IV. Treasurer’s Report

Operating Budget of $3,000. New balance of $531.37.

 

Foundation Account of $2,500. New balance of $2067.06.

 

Staff Development Budget of $7,000. New Balance of $2863.00.

 

 

      V.           

V. Old Business

 

 

 

1.      

RPIPC Update

Last Meeting March 31

Parking Allocation of Policy-edits to Park Allocation Policy passed-Any employee can purchase a parking pass; employee has been defined as heart of campus, adjacent to building.

Concern of Lack of Locks-95%  of classrooms on campus have locks, but on the outside; professors can decide whether they will lock the door for class; going to put locks on the remaining doors

 

 

2.      

Celebration of Excellence Update

Friday April 21

-Program is ready to go

 

Need Volunteers

-Fixed!

 

   VI.           

New Business

 

 

 

 

1.      

Special Guest: Carol Ward-OneUSG

USG initiative

1st phase to new payroll-ADP to PeopleSoft

2ndmore manager self-service, single sign on through Unify

Training-video & job aids and face to face

Pay week will be changing, time off requests, will have access to historical records

Please pass on any questions& concerns to Project Team

 

2.      

Special Guest: Jennifer Birch-OIE Training & Professional Development

 

Not present

 

 

 

3.      

Special Guest: Kelly Pryor-Professional Development and Training

They are utilizing the survey to determine what we need

Streamlining training for campus

If you have any training needs, please contact

 

4.      

Training

Delegating for Results, May 2, 2017, 10 am-3 pm, Library Conference Room 302

 

 

 

 

5.      

End of Year Reports

 

Committee chairs should create a summary of what their committee did throughout the year.

Millie will email example.

 

 

Needed by May 12

 VII.           

Standing Committee Reports

 

 

 

 

 

Executive Committee

Celebration of Excellence and Staff Appreciation discussed

Budget in context of events discusses

 

 

Bylaws Committee

Did not meet, no new news

 

 

Staff Development Committee

Did not meet this month

3 more applications received before deadline

Leftover monies

 

 

Special Projects Committee

Celebration of Excellence is Friday!

Staff Appreciation-Morning of May 11 and Afternoon of May 12

Keynote Speaker-Dwayne Peterson

Drew working with Laura Childs

Reaching out to Magnolia Medical Group to bring more professionals

Next meeting 10 am Thursday

 

 

Communications Committee

Met with special projects

Announcing Staff Appreciation Day

Taking pictures at Celebration of Excellence

 

 

VIII.           

VII. Announcements

Survey about On Demand Ride Share-sent to Susan Allen from Parking and Transportation

OnDemand Ride Share-similar to uber, app through Unify, standard fee, Service M-F work hours and nights, late night Th, Fr, and Sat., Drivers will be students, comes from department operating fund of Parking and transportation

City will be making street parking 2 hours on Clarke Street-Campus working with city

 

 

 

   IX.           

VIII. Adjournment

 

Motion:

Second:

Adjourned at 3:20

 

 

Tentative agenda of next meetings: 

Staff Council Meeting Agenda

16 May 2017

Location: Library Conference Room 302

 

Time

Agenda Item and Presenter

Vote Required

2:30

1.     

Call to Order – Millie Dempsey, Chair

NO

 

2.     

Approval of Agenda

3.     

Approval of Minutes

YES

YES

2:35

4.     

Treasurer’s Report- Brenda Deal, Treasurer

NO

2:40

5.     

Old Business

 

 

·        

Staff Appreciation Day

·        

Update on RideShare

·        

End of Year Reports

 

NO

NO

NO

3:00

6.     

New Business

 

 

·        

Senate Update-Millie

·        

Retreat-Evita

·        

Meet with your respective executive officer

NO

NO

NO

 

 

 

 

 

 

3:25

4.     

Standing Committee Reports

NO

 

I.                   

Executive Committee: Millie Dempsey, Chair

II.                 

Bylaws & Elections Committee: Michael Watson

III.               

Staff Development Committee: Cindy Purcell

IV.               

Special Projects Committee: Wanda Johnson

V.                 

Communications Committee: Haley Koger

 

3:50

5.     

Announcements

NO

3:55

6.     

Open Discussion

NO

4:00

7.     

Adjourn

YES

 

Upcoming Staff Council Dates

 

·        

See you next year!!