December 2011 Minutes

Recorder: 

Erin Warnock

Recorder's Full E-Mail Address: 
Groups audience: 
Date meeting was held: 
Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 2:00pm
Next Meeting Date: 
Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 2:00pm
Location of Next Meeting: 

113 Chappell Hall

Minutes: 

Present: Tim Brooks, Bevan Burgamy, Reese Cohn, Toi Franks, Jennifer Graham, Liz Havey, Greg Mahan, Jen Maraziti, Lee Martin, Beth McCauley, Randy Monnett, JessicaRehling, Paul Sanford, Erin Warnock
Regrets: Coby Dixon, Tracy Norris

Meeting called to order at 2:03 p.m.

Treasurer Report: Of the $7,000 in the state account for professional development, $4,772.87 remains. Of the $3,000 in the state account for “other,” $2,122.88 remains. Of the $3,500 in Foundation, $2,695.22 remains.

Committee Reports:
1) RPIPC discussed community engagement, tracking and assessing service learning and practicums so we can start submitting the information to the Carnegie Foundation. The smoking policy, crosswalks, and the common meeting time will be revisited in the future.
2) SAPC continued their discussion of the retention of 2nd year students.
3) $2,295.13 has been spent on STAFF DEVELOPMENT. Website updates were typed and sent to Communications committee.
4) COMMUNICATIONS will be assisted by Harry Battson, who will help submit information electronically. Lori Strawder will post hard copies at plant. The committee decided that a welcome social may be easier for new employees as opposed to mementos. This is still in discussion. The newsletter has been posponed to spring and it will be a kickoff edition.
5) BYLAWS - Beth has the list of divisions. Call for nominations will be the week on 1/9/12, contacts 1/12/12, and elections 1/23/12.
6) SPECIAL PROJECTS had 10 people sign up for the OGM tour.  A vote was taken for keeping SAW or changing to SAD. A unanimous decision was made for Staff Appreciation Day, to be held approx. the 3rd week of April. The superlatives will receive gift cards. Ideas for superlatives will be discussed at the January meeting.
7) EXECUTIVE committee discussed the Shared Leave Policy. There was some controversy over the review of attendance. The new policy will extend to family members.

Old business: Tracy has the suggestion box keys. Lee will check the plant and Toi will check Ennis.
The flex holiday survey will come out this year.

New business:  Questions were raised about the new insurance. Jen will check for updates with HR.